Friday, August 16, 2013

Replace Stresses With Self-Care.

“People who look through keyholes are apt to get the idea that most things are keyhole shaped.
Author unknown 

Good morning! I have always found it interesting that what one person perceives to be very stressful can be motivational to someone else. Stress seems to be fairly subjective, controlled
largely by perception.

The other day I was talking to my best friend about stress. My work pile seemed so overwhelming that I didn’t even know where to begin, and I felt like I would never get out from under. On that particular day, I hadn’t had much sleep and had yet to put a healthy morsel in my mouth. Two days later, that same work pile (which had actually grown in size) didn’t seem so intimidating! The stressor hadn’t changed, but my attitude toward it had—primarily because of my self-care.

Your Turn:
What stressor are you facing in your life from lack of self-care? Give yourself a “good nurturing” and then see how they look the next day.

Today’s Affirmation:

I replace stress with self-care.


..........Brook Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment